About Me

My photo
Baker. Cook. Gardener. Animal Lover.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meatloaf Mode



We have shifted into high gear around here and the meatloaf making has begun. Tonight I did a turkey and basil meatloaf. My own version. I have making variations of this most of the year, really. When you hear "turkey meatloaf" I think most people think, Oh, wait a minute, it's is going to be dry, this sounds "health foodie", and while I think it is in the "health food camp" it is not dry and it is good. I always make mine in a round cast iron skillet and for no other reason than I think it looks so Maine Camp. My friend, Sharon, who is a half - time Mainer always uses cast iron for her suppers, so I have to give credit where credit is due. For me, it just oozes charm. So I guess that is why....I think it looks charming.

Kary's End-of-Summer Turkey Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg
1 carrot
2 stalks celery with leaves
1 onion
1 bunch italian parsley
A few basil leaves
Thyme
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
Package meatloaf mix. I like Mrs. Cubbisons but it's hard to find. Anything else will work fine.

Cusinart the onion, celery, carrot and herbs till fine.
Place in a bowl.
Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, and meatloaf mix. Stir together well.
Place in a cast iron skillet or meatloaf pan.
Bake 45 minutes @ 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate all your kind comments more than you can know.