About Me

My photo
Baker. Cook. Gardener. Animal Lover.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

FOG



See that? Yep. Gray sky. The fog rolled in off of the Pacific last night. And just in the nick of time.These pictures were taken outside my upstairs bedroom window this morning about 7:30. So now I can stop complaining. And even though it's not raining...it's misty....misty enough to open the Martha Holiday Sweets magazine. And misty enough to play some Christmas music.

I'm in a good mood today. Going to go get the Thanksgiving coffee that's out at Starbucks. My friend from "Entertaining Mom" mentioned it on her blog.Going to go get cranberries to make some cranberry bread too. I got Red Plaid out and found Bessie's recipe. I think it is the same one that is on the back of the cranberry bag. I'll check and let you know.

So I am draining the wading pool. Putting the tank tops and flip flops back into the closet. Dumping the ice. Putting the sunscreen on the top shelf in the bathroom.Unplugged the fan last night and put in in the barn. (Buddy was glad to see it go.) And getting out the Kenny G. Christmas c.d. (Poor John, he no like-ee Kenny G. what guy does?)

So I'm back. Back to cooking and baking and building a fire. And really, it was just in the nick of time.Oh, and if you look really close in the last picture looking through my bedroom window. That is my neighbor on Church Street. That house is 104 years old. Isn't it adorable?

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I wandered into here from Thomas's blog and have had a lovely time reading your posts and looking at all that scrummy food!
    I wish it was warm here! Winter has arrived with a bang after the most glorious October, so it's a bit of a shock to my system to feel cold all of a sudden ...... so I'm off to cook tea (vegetarian chili) and make a fire:)
    Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish I was doing tall of those wonderful homey things...have a wonderful day, gray or no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenny G? That is not very nice of you, lady...:-)Poor John. And thank you for sharing your good mood. They are like sunshine when they happen, and it's nice to see inside one...Hmmm, maybe I'll bake tonight, too.

    Also...you have a barn?! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing that it takes a foggy day to put you in a good mood. But I'm glad you are happy and I hope it is coming my way. I'm ready to try out my new fleece jammies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate all your kind comments more than you can know.