About Me

My photo
Baker. Cook. Gardener. Animal Lover.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Feast Your Eyes



Hey everybody ! It's offically the Last Day Of Summer. Here we go ! And to start things off with a bang....how about these gorgeous beauties?

Went for a ride yesterday to see if Mary's Pumpkin Patch was open. I thought for sure it would be. Nope. Closed. Still setting up. But it looks so great, I can hardly wait. It's gotta be opening this Saturday. I can't wait to share it with you.

But in the meantime...he's a little something to tide ya over. While Mary's was closed... a little further up the road was an Honesty Farm. They really didn't have much, but what they did have was sitting out in the field. Can you believe your eyes?
That giant orange one is a beauty. I dreamt about it last night. Sitting in that field, I imagined ghosts floating overhead in the sky, and black bats darting here and there. A howl of a black cat, the groan of an oak branch in the wind.A candle in that farmhouse window,supper simmering on the stovetop. An apple pie cooling on the windowsill..... aahhhh.....autumn nights. Cool and brisk. Windy and spooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate all your kind comments more than you can know.