About Me

My photo
Baker. Cook. Gardener. Animal Lover.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

High Hopes



Today is the day that I hop on the wagon and join "The Bread Bakers Apprentice" challenge. It is a group of bakers that have joined Nicole at "Pinch My Salt" and are making a bread a week out of Peter Reinhart's award winning bread book.

A friend of mine told me recently (you know who you are) to keep your expectations low..that way, you're never dissapointed. I think that may be pretty good advice for me here. I tried this once before when the "Baking With Julia" book came out. It didn't go well. Those breads looked so beautiful in the pictures. Mine, however, were another story. And I consider myself a pretty good baker.But it was a challenge to be sure. So here I go again. Apron on, book in hand, got the King Arthur flour, got fresh yeast, am actually studying the book like a textbook...and this time... I hope I'm not dissapointed. To be honest, I'm keeping my expectations...low.

Oh, and that's Dande ..just hangin' out....

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, I'm the same way: love baking, am TERRIFIED of baking bread. Haven't mustered up the courage to bake a single loaf up until now. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate all your kind comments more than you can know.