About Me

My photo
Baker. Cook. Gardener. Animal Lover.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

From France...to the Backyard


Well, we have gone from France for dinner..(which sounded really jet setter)...to the backyard. Yep. We're gonna do it again. We're bbqing. I tried to slide that french steak dinner thingy in under the radar..but he caught it.."What?" "We're not going to bbq that steak?" O boy, so there you go. And I went from scalloped potatoes with gruyere to every guys favorite...double stuffs...

Double Stuffed Potatoes

Bake some russet potatoes till done.

Cut in half and scoop out.

Mash potatoes in a bowl with some butter, milk, sour cream, black olives, gruyere cheese and s and p.

Fill potato shells with mixture.

Bake @ 350 degrees till hot and bubbly. About 35 to 40 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy. So going to try this. I may have to substitute the fancy cheese for just monteray jack, because I'm too lazy.

    Thanks for your sweet comments earlier. It's a wonderful community we have in blogging. So glad to know others can identify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE double stuffed. Made them for our Halloween dinner last year. Crumble crisp bacon and chopped chives over after baking for even more YUM factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ...thanks for the comments. I love reading them...the double stuffs were a big hit..they were really good. Usually I use cheddar..just so happened I had gruyere...how did that happen?
    And the bacon...yum!

    Kary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I appreciate all your kind comments more than you can know.